The Politics of Translating: Upi Mejhen and the Cryptic of ‘Dopdi’
Towards Praxis: Literature, Society and Politics - 2
Survival and Identity: A Study of Elie Wiesel’s Night and Primo Levi’s Survival in Auschwitz
Land Ethics in the Poetry of Robert Frost
Right of Way as a Political Document
Dalit Literature: An Intervention in ‘Caste’ and ‘Literary Aesthetics’
Rasaucitya for Self-Censorship: Towards a Post-Theory Praxis
Judith Wright: Voice of the Aboriginals
Taming the Heliogabalus: Sociological Relevance of Literature in the Contemporary Chaosmos
Know-How of Background and Literary Breakdown
The Power of Discourse in Mulk Raj Anand’sUntouchable
MEJO, the MELOW Journal of World Literature, is a peer-refereed journal brought out annually by MELOW, the Society for the Study of the Multi-Ethnic Literatures of the World. It was earlier called the MELUSMELOW Journal which was published by MELOW 2011 onward.
The essays submitted for MELOW are screened, peer-reviewed and selected before they are published. There is a Board of Editors especially appointed for the purpose. Whereas in the initial years the Society favoured a print publication, and the MELUS-MELOW journal (ISSN 2249-4839) was published annually, with the changing times, MELOW decided to move on to online publication. The result is MELOW, which is a continuation of the MELUS-MELOW Journal. It is the outcome of almost two decades of experience in editing, proofreading and publishing.
Manju Jaidka, Professor of English, Panjab University. Email: email@example.com
Anil Raina, Professor of English, Panjab University. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Debarati Bandyopadhyay, Professor, Dept of English and Modern European Languages, Viswa Bharati, Santiniketan. Email: email@example.com
Himadri Lahiri, Professor of English, University of Burdwan. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manpreet Kang, Professor of English, GGS Indraprastha University, Dwarka, Delhi. email@example.com
Neela Sarkar, Associate Professor, New Alipore College, W.B. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rimika Sanghvi, Associate Professor, IIS University, Jaipur. Email: email@example.com
Roshan Lal Sharma, Dean and Associate Professor, Central University of Himachal Pradesh, Dharamshala. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Advisory Board:
Prof Giorgio Mariani (U of Rome, Italy) email@example.com
Prof Shirley Geok Lim (UCSB, USA) firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof Rajeshwari Pandharipande (U of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA) email@example.com
Prof Mukesh Williams (Soka University, Japan) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Published by: MELOW, 11 Shivalik Enclave, NAC Manimajra, Chandigarh 160101
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES FOR PUBLICATION IN THE MELOW JOURNAL
· An article submitted for publication in MEJO should be an original scholarly work not published elsewhere. MEJO has zero tolerance for plagiarized or recycled articles.
· The final selection will be done by the editorial board constituted for each volume/issue of the journal and its decision will be final.
· The guidelines for documentation are as follows:
· Manuscripts should be submitted electronically typed in Microsoft Word (Times New Roman 12 font) in double spacing with 1” margin on both sides of the page. E-mail id for submission of manuscripts is email@example.com
· The article should follow the MLA Handbook format (latest edition) wherein all references are placed in the body of the text (e.g. Hassan 15 or Toffler xi) with an alphabetically arranged “Works Cited” list at the end. Kindly note, reference footnotes/endnotes are not permissible. Articles not following this format of documentation will be summarily rejected. Some sample entries:
· Handlin, Oscar. The Uprooted. Boston: Little Brown Co., 1973.
· Vance, Carole. “Pleasure and Danger: Toward a Politics of Sexuality.” Feminisms. Eds. Sandra Kemp and Judith Squires. New York: Oxford UP, 1997. 327-35.
· “Chandigarh.” Map. Google Maps. Google, 15 May 2012. Web. 18 May 2012.